Monday 20 February 2012

Sleep training clock update

Long ago in my early days of blogging, I posted about our newly purchased sleep training clock and some tips that worked for us. When I wrote the post, we had only been using one for a few weeks, and I was astonished at how well it was working. Having been suffering 5.30am (and earlier) starts to the day for a good couple of years it was incredible.

I promised to come back with an update, and so here it is. This little clock has totally transformed our lives. We worked it up gradually to 7am starts, then last week we tried a cheeky weekend lie-in of 7.15am, and it worked! Harry comes bursting into our room as soon as the sun is up on the clock, and I believe that he is actually lying quietly in bed waiting for it. Of course we have a Mia now too, who is generally up throughout the night, but it would be so much harder if Harry was still getting up early.

If you are suffering with early mornings, I really can't recommend one of these enough. I never thought I would say it, but Harry is a brilliant sleeper now, and it gives me hope that one day we'll get to the stage where we are all sleeping through the night!

Groclock and baby monitor

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!